Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Off-Camera Flash and Connor's First Solid Food


My wife called me the other night at work and told me she wanted to try to feed our son his first solid food. She wanted to know if I wanted her to wait for me to be home. I said "Of course!" and rushed home.

I decided I wanted a good picture of it. I haven't been happy with the flash pictures of him using my speedlight attached to the hot shoe of the camera. His eyes are always open way too much in those pics. I grabber my umbrella and stand and threw the speedlight (a Nikon SB-600) on it. Selected my "Flash" custom setting bank on my Nikon D300 and snapped a few shots while the little one made a mess with his rice cereal.

This one is my favorite. Flash is off to the bottom right, shot into my silver reflective umbrella. Lens is the exceptional Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8 (the perfect match to the D300 for portraits).

Hopefully he'll get used to all this camera gear. I've started him young.

No comments:

Post a Comment